Everyone is welcome to engage with our community in spiritual growth and education. The Unitarian Church of Harrisburg offers religious exploration programming for all ages in addition to lay-led opportunities for growth and learning.
“To awaken the soul, excite and cherish spiritual life”* in guiding and supporting individuals, families, and children on their journey as lifelong Unitarian Universalists.
*Excerpt from The Great End in Religious Instruction by William Ellery Channing, 18th Century Unitarian Minister
We realize our Vision by:
- Embracing religious exploration to awaken the soul;
- Building and celebrating beloved community with shared Unitarian Universalist values;
- Supporting growth through ritual and worship to excite and cherish spiritual life; and
- Ministering to all individuals, families, and children
- to Nurture unapologetic U.U.s;
- to Increase children, youth and family participation on Sundays and beyond through support and opportunities;
- to Provide inclusivity at all ages (educate and challenge -isms & biases)
- to Recruit, support and sustain RE volunteers (leaders, helpers and behind-the-scenes)
- Children’s Religious Exploration – Includes nursery for children 3 and under, and children PreK-6th grade.
- Youth Religious Exploration – 7-12th grades.
- Adult Religious Exploration – Informal and formal groups and workshops for adults of all ages and stages.
- Oliver LaGrone Scholarship Information – for students attending Harrisburg School District
- Religious Exploration Calendar